‘Building awareness, responsibility and self‐belief is the goal of the coach’
Imagine having someone who is listening to you without judgement; who cares about your ambitions and achievements; who believes in you and your goals and who will work with you in a partnership in order to to attain your chosen goals.
Coaching is a process which supports the individual to create focus, set targets and achieve objectives in a way that benefits them. It is a process of taking people from where they are now and supporting them in moving forward. It is based on a two way relationship between the coachee and the coach – of trust, respect, honesty and understanding.
It is simply a process to gain the things that you want out of life – to take control.
|Coaching is:||Coaching is not:|
Key questions to ask before coaching:
- Am I looking to make changes?
- Am I ready to take responsibility for where I am and where I would like to move to?
- Am I open to being challenged and looking at new perspectives?
- Am I ready to be the best I can, and not sabotage myself in any way?
- Am I willing to be different and take any action that is necessary.
At Barefoot Trainers we will encourage you to take responsibility and control for your own learning by:
- Helping you to work out things for yourself
- Helping you to explore options
- Actively listening and helping you to explore your ideas without imposing our own
- Asking questions to challenge your thinking and get you to explore issues more deeply
- Encouraging you to carry out your chosen actions
- Providing constructive feedback as and when appropriate and with your permission
Louise made me think about me, that I was important, that I had a choice to make my working life better, but more poignantly that I had to do what was best for myself.
Nursery Manager, October 2015